Areas of Expertise
Compliance Policies & Training
Corporate Crime & Investigations
We represent and advise indivduals and companies facing criminal and regulatory investigations, offering discreet and professional representation. Our instruction is often combined with reputation management advice, bringing together our collective experience on behalf of clients.
We are able to advise pre-charge and are experienced in draft representations to avoid proceedings or to expedite investigations. We also deal with ancillary matters for example financial Restraining Orders and Proceeds of Crime Act Proceedings.
We have working relationships with some of the leading expert witnesses, from accountancy through to private investigators, and are well placed to cover the full spectrum of issues affecting companies from bribery though to health and safety breaches.
We can also assist with matters affecting high networth individuals who are unfamiliar with the Justice System, from driving matters through to allegations of assaults and beyond.
Complementing reactive representation, Gainsborough Law also specialise in proactive advice, from providing training programmes through to stress-testing policies and compliance.
Further, we advise on Private Prosecutions where companies are the victims of offending, for example employee theft, insurance fraud or harassment.
Examples handled by our team include:
- Advising a Japanese Finance House with over £1billion in holdings in respect to Insider Trading and account dealing by employees;
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on compliance with a Regulator’s investigation
- Advising a Regulator on LPP and Confidentiality in respect to an EU Competition investigation
- The defence of an accountant over three trials for alleged corporate theft; acquitted of all matters.
- Representation of an international music star.
- The successful representation of a landlord following the death of tenants within a property, managing the criminal investigation, alleged civil liability and subsequent libel in respect to the press reporting of the same.