Areas of Expertise
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Product Liability / Consumer Law
Camilla has experience in litigation and advice arising out of commercial contract disputes, professional negligence claims, construction disputes, sale of goods, agency disputes, consumer law and debt and insolvency.
Recent relevant experience:
- Advised and represented the Claimant in fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract claim against estate agents, securing substantial damages.
- Instructed by leading London chambers to represent them in their claim against one of their former barristers. At trial, successfully examined-in-chief and cross-examined a leading silk and junior, winning the claim and costs.
- Represented Defendant pedigree breeders in prohibitory injunctive claim preventing sale of pedigree puppies. Won with costs.
- B v K & AS Ltd (F.K.A. AS Plc) – Instructed to advise and draft pleadings on behalf of the First and Second Defendants (a director and his company respectfully) in a complex counterclaim of just under £500,000.
- Instructed to represent a solicitor’s firm in breach of contact claim, winning claim.
- Dr L v C – Represented the Defendant in restitutionary claim of goods, specific performance and compensation.
- Instructed to advise US Claimant in $500 settlement in a multi-national employment dispute involving US, French and UK companies.
- Advised and represented Hong Kong based director of a company such supplying goods to the U.K. in unfair prejudice and shareholder dispute against a fellow director.
- Successfully defended Defendants in breach of contract claim by building firm subcontracted to undertake construction works at leading central London department store. Recovered entirety of solicitors and counsel’s fees and significant sums for litigant in person and witness expenses and successfully resisted attempts to delay payment of the same.
- Represented construction firm in breach of contract claim.
- Advised and represented Defendant construction firm in claim for breach of contract following alleged negligence.
- Advising a solicitor Claimant in a professional negligence claim against her former barrister in respect of representation provided in the solicitor’s defamation claim against her former employer.
- PTP v SP – Representing a financial and accountancy partnership in respect of breach of contract claims for supply of accountancy and consultancy advice to reclaim £6,000,000 in respect of an international bank’s interest rate hedging product, where illegality and professional negligence are raised as a defence.
- T v S – Represented the Claimant against a leading international silver circle law firm in professional negligence claim.
- Instructed by a solicitor’s firm to defend professional negligence claim by former client.
- Instructed by client in professional negligence claim against former solicitors for breach of contact.
- Instructed by freeholder in professional negligence dispute against surveyors and solicitors over underinsurance in respect of subsidence.